Lancashire Community Finance is a delivery partner of the three Building Better Opportunities (BBO) projects in Lancashire, led by Selnet (the Social Enterprise Lancashire Network).
‘Age of Opportunity’ supports people over 50, ‘Invest in Youth’ supports 15-24-year olds and ‘Changing Futures’ supports people with multiple and complex barriers to employment. Over three years, these three specialist projects will help transform the lives of 3270 disadvantaged people. Based on their individual needs and interests, BBO will help them to overcome complex barriers and move towards work and training.
Building Better Opportunities is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF) 2014-2020, investing in local projects tackling the root causes of poverty, promoting social inclusion and driving local jobs and growth.
For more information about any of the projects, please contact us on 0344 561 1292.
Losing sleep over your finances?
Struggling to keep track of where your money goes?
Money problems in your way of getting a job?
One to one money help for your personal situation
Unemployment brings many problems, including money worries. Everyone’s situation is unique and we can work with you to understand your personal circumstances and help you come up with a workable plan to make the right money choices and more confidently manage your money in future.
Our one to one, face to face sessions are informal, flexible and confidential. We do not make judgements, we just try to help you make the best of your money.
- How we can help depends on what you need
- Help to open/switch bank accounts and use direct debits/online banking;
- Making sure you are getting the benefits you are entitled to;
- Helping you understand how much it costs to borrow from high-cost lenders and rent-to-own stores and other sources of finance available to you;
- How to get the best deal on utility bills;
- Help to manage your money by budgeting for your regular bills and understanding what your priorities are;
- Help you contact your existing creditors to work out fair and realistic repayment plans;
WANT TO GET STARTED? GET IN TOUCH:
Since 2005 we have been helping the residents of Preston, South Ribble, Chorley and West Lancashire. We can help you too, call 0344 561 1292 or pop into one of our offices:
If you live in Blackpool, North Lancashire, East Lancashire or Blackburn with Darwen, call 01772 200690 to be referred for support closest to you.